Monday, April 25, 2011

Shelley's 2nd painting

Ok,


I hope everybody had a great holiday weekend.


I got a lot of work done on Shelley's big painting. For her second painting, Shelley really liked a certain style I do, so we decided to do one of those for her. After I primed the canvas, I drew out a bunch of different block shapes. I paint all the different shapes black, gold, red and yellow. I wanted a lot of texture in every block, so I mixed a combination of saw dust, modeling paste and paint and applied a heavy amount inside of each block.
What's nice is, I just got through doing 3 of the same style paintings about a month a go, so I had little practice. I figured out a lot of little tricks to speed things up on those first 3 paintings. The very first one I did, took me forever, the second one, took a little less time, and so on and so on. So, I pretty much knew how to make everything look right without having to go through a bunch of hassle. On Shelley’s first painting, I used a special gold paint, red and yellow. So, I used the same gold paint and other colors on her second painting. I wanted to make sure that both paintings work really well together.

I pretty much have the whole painting done already, but I didn’t take pics of the finished painting yet. I still have to frame it and do a bunch of touch up. I'll post the pics of the finished painting soon.


I forgot my camera at work, so I’ll the pics are from my cell, sorry.




Hello again,

I hope everybody had a great weekend.

So, it's been awhile since my last update, I finding out that it's a lot harder to keep up with this blog, than I thought lol.

Anyway, I wanted to finish the blog for this painting. I finished the painting and brought it to Shelley, she loved it, but after looking at it, she noticed that the red color was a little pinkish. She wanted the red color to match the red in her first painting, plus, she has a few other pieces of art in her house that are what I call...a true red too. When i got the painting home, I could totally see what she was talking about. So, I started redoing the red part, but had to pretty much redo most of the painting. You can't just redo the red part on this type of painting, it's a little harder than that. I brought it back to Shelley after i got everything right. This time, I knew I had the color of red she was looking for, and, of course i was right lol. She saw the new red color and was very happy with the painting. The first pic you see below, is before I repainted it. The second one shows the finished painting with the new red color.






I want to thank Shelley again for letting do these paintings for her. I love how both of them turned out and they were a lot of fun to paint. Thank you Shelly.

Shelley sent me a picture with both of her paintings up. This is what being an artist is all about. How cool is it to see somebody's livingroom with your paitnigs on the wall? Too cool.

The pic was a little out of focus, so I doctored it up a bit, but they still look cool to me.







No comments:

Post a Comment